Remove this ad

Lead

08/22/13 07:51:56

Tags : :

I want to add an AMT Charger firewall and top panel to a '77 Monaco kit. The Monaco's engine bay is wider and the Charger's wheel wells are different. I wanted to use the AMT parts so it would mate up with the Charger kit's chassis, but i'm not sure how to proceed.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

08/23/13 00:03:52

That's quite a bit of difference in width...maybe cut the pieces off the Charger, get the body under the Monaco and see if you can get the fender wells to match up. Cut the vent panel seperately and widen it to fit with scrap plastic...I'm sure they may be a more elegant solution or another underhood area that will fit better and allow you to use the Charger chassis. That's all I got right now...will chime in if I get another idea.

Tony, 1967 Beetle (Rusty), Nepean, Ontario, Canada
"Aus Liebe zum Automobil" "For the love of the car"
Rusty's progress photo album

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

08/25/13 14:06:59

For a start, it was the blue vs white that was giving me the fits!

So I dug up a non painted Charger and removed the bulk of the roof and the inner fenders so I could do some mocking up. I've also got a few new underhood shots of Cordoba's and MAGNUM's to scope out and it seems there were a couple different styles of fenderwell used and the one in the '71 Charger seems to fall right in between. Picture upcoming.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help