Remove this ad

#24 [url]

10/24/13 08:57:17

Thoroughly, permanently baffled!

I'm the type of guy that will measure something three or four times before I make my pencil marks, then measure a couple more times. I have no idea how I got this so far off, but by Dow Jones and ALL his little averages...I'M GONNA BEAT THIS THING!!image

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

10/27/13 13:28:45

In town for the weekend

Don't worry guys. Kev is like a pit bull with this car. He'll straighten it out soon. At least he better! I stopped by to visit and he's been glaring at the car for ohhhhh, bout three hours now by my watch.Tongue02

" You may as well like yourself...just look at all the time you have to spend with you" - Julius Kelp

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

10/27/13 20:45:16

A pit bull? Really?

The original 'MAGNUM 440' bumper will do nicely with some Dremel work, sheet plastic and glue. The rear end isn't as bad as I thought.
Once I got the plate out of the way I mounted the bumper and the left side of the opening is right where it needs to be. The right side of the deck opening is just a hair too big. Sand a little away here and it's fixed. Them I'll quintuple check the outer edges of the raised portion of the deck lid and get started on the rear bumper modifications. This part is going to be fun. The front end of the car definitely needs some work to fit the kit bumper too. It's just a hair wide. Then there's this unknown custom...grille? Anyway I'm pretty sure I can use it for the grille work.
And a few reference lines to work from...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#29 [url]

10/28/13 04:34:08

The bumper isn't that bad Kevin Obsessive/Compulsive, are we?  image

I know that feeling all to well buddy, I do it all the time, and it's a good thing to have. Just a bit off sucks, but nailing it feels soooo good! The body's looking pretty good so far too, you've got the basic shape nailed down, the fun part is always the clean up, I'll be watching for it!

BTW, who are you gonna get to cast it? image

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

10/28/13 15:12:54

Well let me answer these questions in the manner I'm accustomed to...

Custom MikeThe bumper isn't that bad Kevin Obsessive/Compulsive, are we?  image
NO!...I mean, yeeeees. Fully diagnosed too. I got's papers.image
I know that feeling all to well buddy, I do it all the time, and it's a good thing to have. Just a bit off sucks, but nailing it feels soooo good! The body's looking pretty good so far too, you've got the basic shape nailed down, the fun part is always the clean up, I'll be watching for it!
Thank you. You're right, nailing it down is the tough part. I have had other stuff where I said "close enough" but this baby's special. I think I've told the story (earlier in these pages) of why I'm so passionate about this car so as far as this one is concerned close enough only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and drive in movies.image Oh...and the occaisional thermo-nuclear explosion.
BTW, who are you gonna get to cast it? image
You think you're funny don't you? image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help