Remove this ad

#62 [url]

05/24/13 08:40:44

Here's an eye candy update on the Dodge boys........

I was going to (originally) use a '69 Charger but decided to go with a '73 Charger body 'cause I have other plans for the '69.
Anyhow, on with the dog and pony show.

A little shredded rubber residue in the wheel wells.....

some paint and wiring.....

opened up the trunk...

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

05/25/13 07:21:41

Outstanding work McGurk!

Sorry...just couldn't resist the wordplay. This thing is really shaping up. All the little details are what makes a model great and this baby's chock full! That full frame ought to keep her from twisting out at the green light.image

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

05/26/13 07:16:00

Detailing is what keeps this hobby challenging for me......from my point of view each part is a model in itself and the devil is in the detail.
I'm well aware that most folks will not even notice some the fussin' I've done with this thing but I'm not building it for them, right?
If it fancies my tickle and feels good........I'm steppin' large and livin' easy.
In an effort to prevent burn out and make my models unique to me, I like to add that little extra giggle factor......I bought a new Hemi Road Runner back in '69 (a real one) and actually painted one of these on the pumpkin......it was the view most of the folks saw when they figured they could smoke my bird.

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

06/14/13 07:23:55

Looks great so far, I'm certainly looking forward to more pics.
What kind of air cleaners are you going to use?
I hate those kit carbs, I'm using a couple Dukes Dominator-style Holleys for one of my projects.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

06/14/13 10:52:43

Thanks big guy.
Yeah the kit carbs are pretty lack luster...I'll either detail the crap out of them or replace altogether.
Started mocking up the front suspension. I cobbled up some (will be functional) coil overs to replace the factory torsion bars.
I'll also swap the (steerable) spindles from side to side so that the control arms face foward allowing me to mount a rack and pinion unit in front of the oil pan eliminating the stock steering box and tie rod.

Last Edited By: Grandpa McGurk 06/15/13 02:34:21. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

06/14/13 23:09:25

You beat me to it, I've been working on the same idea. I'm making different upper and lower control arms, coil overs, etc. Once get it hashed out I'll post a pic or two. Awesome job you're doing!!!

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

09/02/13 10:12:58

Everything is peachy keen..........I work at my own chosen speed, you know how that goes...if feels good, do it.......if not, hey, grab a beer and tinker on the greasy toys in the driveway.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help